Graduate Civil Engineer - Houston
|Title:||Graduate Civil Engineer - Houston|
Perform engineering and design duties, which require application of engineering principles. Assignments are closely supervised and designed to further develop employee’s job knowledge and abilities.
Education / Experience
Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university, with a structural background preferred. Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate or ability to obtain EIT certificate within two years of date of hire. Up to three years of related experience and/or proven knowledge in engineering and design.
Possess skills in the following areas:
· Knowledge of steel and concrete design
· Basic knowledge of structural analysis
· Knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software
· Working in a team environment
· Communicating effectively with co-workers, vendors, clients, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
· Work with project team to create or modify all civil and structural design documents and drawings for a project, under direct supervision
· Perform Engineering support tasks such as wind load calculations and structural analysis, with minimal supervision
· Learn and apply engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
· Learn and properly use the document management system
· Learn and apply corporate standard engineering practices
· Spend time at job sites to gain hands-on knowledge and additional training in substation construction and design
· Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
· Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
· Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
· Other duties as required
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications