|Title:||Project Controls Assistant|
Realtime Utility Engineers, Inc. (RUE) is a consulting engineering firm providing Substation and Transmission Line Engineering, as well as field services such as commissioning, testing and construction project management, to electric utilities nationwide.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with branch offices in Maple Grove, MN and Marlborough (Boston), MA. Realtime is currently searching for motivated individuals, who have the desire to grow professionally, and contribute to the continued successes of our company. If you offer innovative thinking, resourcefulness, and are motivated to address and conquer every day, real-world challenges, please apply online.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of the reports and tools to support project budget tracking, performance studies, job cost analysis, weekly man-hour reports and other reports as required.
- Update monthly forecasts, maintain client cost reports, project cash flow forecasts.
- Assist with analysis of project financial status reports using current project costs and projected, calculated, costs-to-complete.
- Create proposed schedule-of-values from full cost models.
- Set up projects and enter project budgets into accounting system.
- Prepare project invoices, route for approvals.
- Assist with the management of the order entry system.
- Pull charges from company credit card reports for monthly invoice creation.
- Provide A/P support to accounting.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Management, Accounting, Project Management or related engineering field.
- Strong working knowledge of planning, estimating, forecasting, scheduling, cost control, and project reporting.
- Experience in project controls processes as they apply to engineering and construction projects.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff, clients and vendors
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Able to work in a collaborative process
- Able to plan, organize and implement with successful and timely results
- Dedication to completing a project on schedule is essential. Efficient use of time is critical
- Close attention to detail is required. Consistency, accuracy and thoroughness are critical
- Open to change; receptive to new ideas and concepts
This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
- Willingness to work to meet deadlines as required by client demands.
- Working at a computer for several hours at a time.
- Attending meetings with team members and other consultants both on and off-site.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Performing typical office activities.
This position has frequent contact with RUE employees, supervisors, department leaders and principals, and Regular contact with vendors.
This position description is not intended to encompass all accountabilities and responsibilities for this position. Additionally, actual implementation may vary based on the needs of the project team. Each person is responsible, to the extent of their abilities, for carrying any and all work required to deliver a quality product within budget and on schedule.
This position description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change at any time, with or without notice.