|Title:||Materials Management Specialist|
Upholds the Vision, Mission, Values and Goals of the Company.
Provide support to the engineering teams by performing the ordering and tracking of materials for substation and transmission line projects.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Responsible for making sure material order requests get accurately entered into the client’s materials management system and making sure the materials are processed in time to arrive at the project in time for construction.
- Enter material requests into client material ordering and tracking systems
- Coordinate material delivery schedule and delivery locations with clients
- Assure the accuracy of material requests in terms of meeting the needs of the project
- Track the materials throughout the project cycle assuring they are delivered to the site on time and communicate issues as they arise to all impacted parties
- Follow-up with vendors on material delivery status and communicate findings with all project stakeholders
- Review and approve material invoices, address discrepancies as they arise
- Support project proposal/estimate development
- Additional duties as directed
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering – or a similar or related field
- 3 years of experience in a position managing the purchasing and tracking of materials through a project cycle will be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
- 3 years of experience in substation and/or transmission line engineering and design is preferred
- Candidate must pass a Background Check and Drug Screening (required)
- Excellent, effective communication skills in dealing with other employees
- Possesses strong materials management skills including a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan and execute tasks with tight schedules
- Dedication to completing a task on schedule, and efficient use of time is critical
- Working unusual and extended hours to meet deadlines is sometimes necessary
- Demonstrated understanding of substations and transmission lines is preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes – NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE, and ANSI preferred
• Individual Performance – Consistently performs work that meets or exceeds goals, expectations, quality standards and client requirements. Strives for excellence by seeking challenges, self-development, improving knowledge and skills.
• Results – Achieves positive results by problem solving, setting goals and priorities, has high standards for delivering an excellent work product.
• Customer focus – is driven to assure the Company maintains a solid relationship with its clients thru the execution of work of the highest quality, is concise and accurate, is delivered in a regular and timely manner, and has a clear understanding and belief that for the Company to be successful and grow – clients must see us as their top consultant in the industry.
• Technical expertise – Possesses, and continually seeks to improve, sound professional knowledge and skills.
• Communication – Demonstrates effective communication through active listening, presentation skills, and strong verbal and written skills.
• Teamwork – works hard and efficiently within a team to achieve group goals; takes the interests of others into consideration when taking action and is respected and trusted by others.
- This position requires minimum travel time.
- Willingness to work to meet deadlines as required by client demands.
- Working at a computer for several hours at a time.
- Attending meetings with team members
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Performing typical office activities
This position has frequent contact with RUE employees, supervisors, management, and occasional contact with clients and vendors.
This position description is not intended to encompass all accountabilities and responsibilities for this position. Additionally, actual implementation may vary based on the needs of the project team. Each person is responsible for performing any and all work required to deliver a quality product within budget and on schedule.
This position description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change at any time with or without notice.