|Title:||Transmission Line Designer|
is a consulting engineering firm providing Substation and Transmission Line Engineering, as well as field services such as commissioning, testing and construction project management, to electric utilities nationwide.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with branch offices in Maple Grove, MN and Boston, MA. Realtime is currently searching for motivated individuals, who have the desire to grow professionally, and contribute to the continued successes of our company. If you offer innovative thinking, resourcefulness, and are motivated to address and conquer every day, real-world challenges, please apply online.
We are currently seeking a Designer in our Transmission line group. With guidance from a Supervising Engineer and department staff, the Transmission Line Designer is responsible for design-related tasks in support of high voltage (69,000 Volts and above) transmission line projects.
- Formatting survey data
- Building 2D & 3D transmission line models ready for analysis and design
- Building structure models and producing initial designs
- Sagging wire, checking clearances and uplift
- Determining structure heights
- Generating Sag & Tension data
- Producing detailed Plan & Profiles
- Generating stakeout lists
- Assisting with material lists
- Performs As-Built revisions
- Performs site visits with Transmission Line Engineer, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Technology.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, PLSCADD, PoleCAD.
Candidates will be placed in the appropriate job title based on education, years of experience and industry knowledge.
RUE offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vesting, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account with company contribution, employee assistance plan and more.
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.