Director of Project Management
This position drives projects to make sure they are profitable and all project deliverables meet the agreed upon project schedule. Creates many of the financial performance reports used to track and measure project performance throughout the project delivery cycle and is responsible for reporting this information to the client and the engineering team.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Accountable for the delivery of engineering projects that meet the project budget, are profitable, and adhere to the agreed upon project schedule. Also accountable for project close-out.
Accountable for managing sub-contractors from receiving from soliciting estimates, execution of a sub-contractor agreement, thru execution of all of their responsibilities with the project.
Responsible for providing project management hours/costs, as well as sub-contractor estimates, on all project estimates.
Responsible for change order management and execution on all projects.
- Works with engineering management to assure all project deliverables meet project schedule. Communicate with the client on any variances to delivery schedule.
- Tracks hours and costs on projects making sure projects meet or exceed profitability targets
- Make sure all projects have an active and updated project change order tracking log in place and change orders are created and executed in a timely manner.
- Make sure all projects have an active/updated RFI log and list is being responded to in a timely manner.
- Prepare and update on a regular basis monthly cash flow and FTE forecasts.
- Create and update project schedule.
- Make sure the action item list is in place, is kept up to date, and being responded to in a timely manner
- Responsible for collecting estimate-to-complete project data and creating and maintaining ETC reports.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all client invoices.
- Make sure all aspects of the project close-out procedures are thoroughly completed.
- Seek additional revenue opportunities with clients.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Project Management.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university preferred, or Bachelor Degree in Management, Finance, Construction Management, or similar field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project controls and/or engineering role.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- Candidate must pass a Background Check and Drug Screening (required).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent, effective communication skills in dealing with clients and other employees.
- Working knowledge of scheduling software (including, but not limited to, Primavera or Microsoft Project) is required.
- Knowledge of project estimating and project delivery processes.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a positive “can-do” approach when dealing with client projects.
- Ability to drive a team towards a common goal/activity in difficult situations.
- Able to plan, organize and implement with successful and timely results
- Dedication to completing a project on schedule, within the project budget, and technically accurate, is essential. Efficient use of time is critical.
- Working unusual and extended hours to meet project deadlines is sometimes necessary.
- Close attention to detail is required. Consistency, accuracy and thoroughness are critical.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALITIES
• Individual Performance – Consistently performs work that meets or exceeds goals, expectations, quality standards and client requirements. Strives for excellence by seeking challenges, self-development, improving knowledge and skills.
• Results – Achieves positive results by problem solving, setting goals and priorities, has high standards for delivering an excellent work product.
• Customer focus – is driven to maintain a solid relationship with clients thru the execution of work of the highest quality, meeting project schedules, and has a clear understanding and belief that for the Company to be successful and grow – clients must see us as their top consultant in the industry.
• Technical expertise – Possesses, and continually seeks to improve, sound technical and professional knowledge and skills.
• Communication – Demonstrates effective communication through active listening, presentation skills, and strong verbal and written skills.
• Teamwork – works hard and efficiently within a team to achieve group goals; takes the interests of others into consideration when taking action and is respected and trusted by others
- Willingness to work to meet deadlines as required by client demands.
- Working at a computer for several hours at a time.
- Attending meetings with team members and other consultants both on and off-site.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Performing typical office activities.
This position has frequent contact with RUE employees, supervisors, management, and regular contact with vendors and clients.