|Title:||Substation Design Engineer|
is a consulting engineering firm providing Substation and Transmission Line Engineering, as well as field services such as commissioning, testing and construction project management, to electric utilities nationwide.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with branch offices in Maple Grove, MN and Boston, MA. Realtime is currently searching for motivated individuals, who have the desire to grow professionally, and contribute to the continued successes of our company. If you offer innovative thinking, resourcefulness, and are motivated to address and conquer every day, real-world challenges, please apply online.
We are currently seeking a Design Engineer in our Substation group. With guidance from a Supervising Engineer and department staff, the Design Engineer is responsible the overall design and engineering of substations as assigned from schematic phase through final construction drawings.
- Performs electrical engineering and design services as assigned for projects such as: relay upgrades, breaker additions/upgrades, transformer replacements, RTU installations, new substations/switchyards, and metering.
- Provides physical engineering and design services for projects such as: bus additions, new equipment additions, and above and below grade layouts.
- Provides electrical engineering and design working with client’s relay recommendations and/or marked prints of schematics showing protection and control logic; panel layout showing proposed device locations; one-line and three line diagrams showing breakers, transformers, CTs, PTs, etc.
- Creates/modifies current, voltage and trip schematics.
- Creates all panel/equipment wiring diagrams.
- Performs point-to-point wiring and inter-panel wiring.
- Creates cable diagrams and charts.
- Prepares material lists.
- Backchecks all wiring against schematics.
- Creates removal and addition sets, if required.
- Prepares final construction sets.
- Performs as-built revisions.
- Performs the engineering and design of field wiring, remote terminal units (RTUs), metering, enunciators, digital fault recorders (DFRs) and SCADA units inside an electrical substation.
- Confers with client personnel, utility personnel, manufacturers’ representatives and others as required when carrying out above work.
- Prepares technical specifications.
- Reviews and evaluates drawings.
- Performs site visits to verify drawings and to view existing conditions, as required by clients.
- Mentors Electrical Designers and Electrical CAD Technicians.
- Prepares engineering reports.
- Assists Senior Electrical Engineers in developing/maintaining department standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited College.
- An Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate or the ability to obtain the EIT certificate within two years of the date of hire is required.
- Working knowledge of computer applications (including but not limited to Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat) is required.
- Candidate must pass a Background and Drug Screening (required).
- Internship or other prior work experience within the industry.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes (including but not limited to IEEE, NEC, NESC) is preferred.
Candidates will be placed in the appropriate job title based on education, years of experience and industry knowledge.
RUE offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vesting, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account with company contribution, employee assistance plan and more.
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.